Wednesday 4 August 2010

I know its only August...


I cant help but think towards the winter trip to New York come December with the pack of WFC girls, running around in every department store through the snow, drooling over what we cannot buy and convincing ourselves the last purchase was necessary, rather than the sunny few months of summer we're having.

Before this will happen, I would hope I'd have a new coat to take along with me. As my purchase of last year put on a poor show keeping me warm whilst I walked to lectures. I hope to buy something of better standard, with proper insulation lining, but ultimately fashionable, as it will be the one outfit you will see me in for the cold months!

After a quick look in the fashion bible, I gathered some ideas of what could be suitable. The main ones I favoured but are highly out of my price range are:


A trend that was meant to be popular last autumn which is sure to be huge this time round is indeed the Camel coat. This understated 80s classic in warm honey hues from Ellie Tahari would be comfortable choice.

Daks shows how best to wear the seemingly tricky Cape cut, with layering and similiar soft colours. This one I like especially is the nod to the emergence of the leather trend, rather than a wool outer material.

A favourite would have to be the Gucci, as the Minimalism trend takes centre stage. It leaves the creative option of accessorising or praising the pure simplicity of the design.

I decided to look towards the high street for more ideas, and found more opposites I admired:

If you know me then you will know that the first one I chose was a bit of a wildcard, as the 'Avaitor' would be somewhat different to my usual dress which is normally quite classic, but I enjoy the woolen collar amongst the leather and zips. (Can't help but get the Topgun film theme out my head whilst I type this though).

I'm also in love with the 'Pea' coat design, which came to my attention the most as Kate Moss sported it on the latest cover of Vogue. It follows the simplicity trend whilst being effortlessly chic.

The Mac coat is also one for me to think about, as this staple item should already be in every girls wardrobe (I wish I could adhere) and would be perfect for the Autumn. This copy by Lipsy is one that is tempting me so!

My hunt goes on, and I will keep my ideas posted. I do have a few months to find the perfect one though!

No comments:

Post a Comment