Friday 4 January 2013

Happy New Year!

I burst into the new year by playing silly board games, eating a tremendous amount of sausage rolls, drinking too much wine and dancing to 90's club classics such as Barbie Girl. I hope you all had a fab night whatever you got up to. I almost spent my night as a means to go on for the year, which is to hold back on being frivolous and just being with your nearest and dearest! Sorry to be a bore - mentioning my money woes, but I do have other resolutions up my sleeve that I am determined to even just try, as the results would be so rewarding. So here we go...

One - Obviously number one is to save money, to scrimp and save to move out. Watch this space to share my tips and tricks to spending little leisure money each month.


Two - Visit my family as much as possible. We're an awkward bunch, living hours away from eachother. I managed to visit my Auntie just shortly after Christmas and I'm hoping to be back down there soon for more dog walks, cosy evenings in with good food and wine. Maybe an added essence of Witchcraft also...



Three - Successfully look after a plant. I am not green fingered in the slightest. If the plant cried, I would be sure to water and feed it, but it doesn't so frankly it gets ignored. 


Four - A personal one, so here's a personal photo. I am often terrible at saying 'no' to things, and will almost always attend everything, for fear of missing out and boredom. But more often than not, it's not always in my best interest as too many late nights make for too many days of indiscreet yawning. It's also burning a hole in the purse which isn't great. Just cutting down slightly on 'extra curricular' or focussing more time on me might be in order.


Five - Switching off as much technology as possible when I'm home from work. I can't seem to get away from my phone or the TV as soon as I'm through the door. Taking time out, listening to this beautiful new radio with the many of books I need to read will do wonders for my eyesight fuzzing and brain frazzling...


Six - I just mentioned books, and books is another resolution indeed. I got some really useful books this Christmas packed with vintage ideas to create lots of textiles and how-to's to restore furniture. Great for present giving, I can't wait to start collating more materials and fabrics to start stitching some new things for friends.


That's it for now, let's see how I go! Another resolution I have that isn't too exciting is me experimenting with gluten free bread. I'm hoping it makes my tummy smile a bit more. My mum even mentioned me baking my own, so I might even invest in a bread maker if it's worth it!

Have you got any new year's resolutions? I'd love to hear!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment