Saturday 10 September 2011

London Fashion Week 2011



So the time has come for another round of fashion week, and you can hear the buzz in the air especially as it is only a few days away. From next friday to the wednesday, at every hour, each designer will take to their stage at Somerset House to produce the exciting array of their creations of S/S 2012.

Working in Carnaby Street, (mans fashion capital) allows me to be a forefront of any events, such as the street catwalk, and witness the many shoppers who suddenly transform from their dowdy autumn jackets, to their luminous heels and carefully chosen blouses and contrasting lipstick.

I want to say I'll be keeping up with the shows and contributing all my opinions here, but this year it seems they have surpassed such an amount to keep up with. Working behind the scenes at my first (and last) fashion week in 2009, taught me the extreme pressure and work that goes into each and every one of these productions. We had a least 5 or 6 shows a day, in the Fashion Scout area, and even that was a lot of pressure. Hats off to the ridiculous schedule, and I will watch from afar, from all portals of website extravaganza. Not to forget eagerly awaiting my invitations to the shows...

Needless to say, I am excited to see personal favourites such as Christopher Kane, Mulberry, Louise Gray and Matthew Williamson showcase their collection.

Then it's time to relocate our attention to Milan...

X

No comments:

Post a Comment