Friday 20 January 2012

The collection - winter wonderland



I'm taking some advice from the lectures we had last week, especially with C.V Consultant Mildred Talabi. She stressed the importance of networking in the start up of your career, and I thought it was about time I got out there again and met some fellow fashion faces.

Next friday I'm excited to be attending Fashion Capital's 'The Collection', showcasing the Winter Wonderland theme at Aura, Mayfair. Designers confirmed include:
  • Lauren's Way RTW
  • Christina Adami
  • TCA Men's Couture
  • Belles of London
  • Bad London
It begins with some cocktails and cupcakes, along with the necessary chinwagging with fellow bloggers, models and industry professionals. As Mildred pointed out, in her early career these events is what gave her the first paid position!

Now I have also done some work experience with Fashion Capital (about 3 years ago eek!) and they were such fun to be with - and also encouraging with the elements of the job I wanted to try out. This is where I got to attend my first press event and publish trend features.

Moving forward to 2012 - Jemima Daisy says "The Collection is such a great event. Fashion Capital loves organising the shows and helping the designers get their collections on the catwalk to an audience of acclaimed press and buyers. The result is electrifying for anyone watching and I get such a kick out of seeing all the hard work made into reality!"

Quite exciting to say I'm on the press guestlist - and I'll definitely be blogging about the event soon after! If you are reading this and also attending, I look forward to meeting you there!

Now what to wear...

See the event on Facebook here. Paid entry available.

No comments:

Post a Comment