Sunday 29 January 2012

Cupcakes and catwalks


Earlier I mentioned how I was going to be attending Fashion Capitals 'The Collection' in Mayfair - and I am here now to share my experience of the night!

My friend and I decided that a quick cocktail was needed in Mahiki for a quick catch-up and gossip before we headed out to the event. Bit gutted to realise we missed a chance encounter with Nicola Roberts and Mark Wright by only a few minutes!

We noticed a lot of people queing for Aura - but were very happy to simply mention our names on the door and were allowed in swiftly - along with a poker token for our free drink. Great start!
Instantly I saw glitter on the floor leading into the room, alongside a TV crew and presenter interviewing the designers of the evening. In case your wondering what I wore, I chose a wine wrap dress and a velvet blazer, along with my black bow heels and 2.55 bag. Quite dressed up to say the least, especially when I saw the creative outfits indoors. Everyone looked the part, donning their sparkles and fur to coincide with the winter themed display.


The designs themselves that showcased were quite simply evening outfits that showed some artistic flair but kept some simplicity - which is synonymous with winter dresses. I have to say my favourite out of the whole collection to my surprise was actually Lauren's Way RTW. Shame I never got to see her that evening but her nicely fitted dresses were a good standard of shades and structure.

I managed to meet some fellow bloggers and rub shoulders with other people in the fashion industry, even handing out a few business cards. I also consumed as many cupcakes as my etiquette would allow - they were decorated with blue icing and edible glitter and were that annoying one bite size, that leaves you questioning how many actually make up a real sized cupcake. The evening was a hub-bub of style and I definitely found myself leaving with that bit more confidence to go out and meet the alike with interests the same as mine.

Now where to go to next?

Images by Nick Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment